Sunday, July 8, 2007

Introducing: Flippuzzle

A while ago I posted a screenshot from my current project with a promise to give more info about it. So, here we go!

The game is called Flippuzzle, and is a 3-dimensional puzzle game. All levels will be based on photographs taken in Greenland. I had two reasons for choosing Greenland,
1. the nature over there is simply amazing
2. I came across a lot of really nice photos for a really nice price


















Above you can see an actual ingame screenshot. The gameplay is controlled with mouse only and the goal is to get all pieces to their right position, just like with a regular jigsaw-puzzle. What differs this puzzle from regular jigsaw ones is that the pieces are linked with their neighbors and rotates with them. It sounds complicated, but it's quite logical once you get the grip of it.

The game is starting to feel quite finished now. What's left to do is:
  • Add more levels. At the moment I've got 25 but I'd like it to be somewhere around 40
  • Add music. The code for loading and playing the music is almost done, but I need to find and select some nice tunes that match the game. This is tricky.
  • Fix the menus and instructions, the menus is really unsatisfying in the current build, and the instructions simply doesn't exist.
  • Polish.
I'm hoping to get finished with the game sometime this summer, but you never know, when I started the project it was supposed to take about one moth. That's over two years ago today..

No comments: